On Dec 31, my friend Dan forwarded me a set of predictions from NRO. I replied with my own and have decided to post them publicly:
- Elections are held in most of Iraq but delayed in the Sunni triangle. The newly democratic Iraqi government holds off on writing a consitution until elections can be held in the Sunni triangle. Some “conversation” occurs between the US, Syrian, and Iraqi government which shuts down Baathist supply lines from Syria and the Sunnis vote a little later in the year.
- Payment of Social Security benefits declared optional (not like other US government debt) Social Security “reform” then consists of expanded Roth-IRAs (the financial industry cheers).
- Iran will attempt to go nuclear. The US will attack. China will attempt to take advantage of US distraction in Taiwan. Taiwan will go nuclear to deter China (possibly with help from Japan or Israel).
- MSM Journalists will be required to blog (or bloggers will be hired in their place). This won’t solve MSMS problems because the journalists are second rate talents and the structure of MSM needs to change much farther.
- NBC takes a shot at adapting to the Internet hosting BitTorrent files of its shows.
- OverheardInNYC gets a regular spot in some MSM content (Maybe the Today Show, but more likely the NYSun.)
- I actually execute some idea of mine and it goes live. I start executing others before the live one gets very far…
- I find a place to live 🙂
The blog prediction has started happenning on MSNBC (see Lead And Gold)
So is the Iraq/Syria prediction. (see Belmont Club)
So is the OverheadInNYC prediction (see NYPost)
Feeling pretty good.