December 31, 2003
* Move to a new apartment
* Keep that apartment clean and dust free
* Entertain regularly — guests verify apartment quality
* Develop taste in clothing,furnishings, decoration.
* Better manage finances — produce year end report of all financial transactions (use Quicken)
* Get new business up, running, and profitable.
December 28, 2003
My research eventually revealed that lucky people generate good fortune via four principles.
They are skilled at creating and noticing chance opportunities, make lucky decisions by listening to their intuition, create self-fulfilling prophesies via positive expectations, and adopt a resilient attitude that transforms bad luck into good.
Here are Professor Wiseman’s four top tips for becoming lucky:
* Listen to your gut instincts – they are normally right
* Be open to new experiences and breaking your normal routine
* Spend a few moments each day remembering things that went well
* Visualise yourself being lucky before an important meeting or telephone call. Luck is very often a self-fulfilling prophecy
Perhaps these tips only work for lucky people, but there is no harm in trying.
December 28, 2003
Did French satellite phone manufacturers really give the codes to Saddam’s army so that it could track US marine and army movements by the phones used by the embedded journalists? If so, why?
How did Baathest fighters get the post-embargo French missiles used to fire on Wolfowitz’s hotel?
Is France really this politically corrupt?
It would explain a lot?
Update: 7 men on an American terrorist watch list were all found to have purchased tickets on the same Air France Flight. US officials alerted French authorities who cancelled the flight and then let these guys go. The French interior minister said they could not find any evidence of a terrorist plot (the US had shown them intercepts of Al Queada email planning a Christmas attack using Air France). US Source fear Air France has been infiltrated by Islamic militants.